Truck tractor manufactured in 1958 – 1964 with a permissible load on the coupling device of 25 tons. It served as part of road trains with a gross weight of up to 90 tons. It towed low-frame 65-ton semi-trailers for the delivery of tracked vehicles, oversized cargo, heavy weapons and missile systems. Its design has been carried out since 1956 and was carried out in parallel with the development of the “small” ballast tractors MAZ-535 and MAZ-536, but with the reorientation of the USSR Ministry of Defense to heavier weapons systems, all work on the 537 topic acquired a special priority and were activated.
A D12A-525 V12 diesel engine with a power of 525 hp was installed. with preheater, dual start system, circulation lubrication, alternator with built-in rectifier and a whole long chain of hydromechanical transmission units with self-locking differentials, 18 cardan shafts and wheel reduction gears. The four front steered wheels were also suspended on an independent torsion bar suspension, but to ensure increased strength and load capacity, the rear balancer suspension consisted of two powerful lateral longitudinally swinging levers, rigidly mounted on a reinforced trough-shaped riveted-welded frame with channel-section spars. The saddle version was also equipped with a piston power steering, a pneumohydraulic brake system with drum actuators. Three headlights with ventilation hatches were also placed on the front wall of the cab. On both sides of the engine compartment there were five narrow and high air intake hatches.
Overall dimensions – 8960x2890x2880 mm
Ground clearance increased to 500 mm
The minimum turning radius of a single machine is 15.5 m
Curb weight of the tractor – 21.6 tons
Gross permissible weight – 47 tons
The total mass of the road train is 87 tons
The maximum speed of a single car is 60 km/h
Fuel consumption – 125 l / 100 km
Power reserve – up to 650 km
- MAZ-537 – a truck tractor for towing a semi-trailer with a total weight of up to 65 tons.
- MAZ-537A – a tractor with a metal side platform, additionally equipped with a winch.
- MAZ-537B – chassis for SPU 2P20.
- MAZ-537V – a truck tractor for towing a semi-trailer with a total weight of up to 40 tons.
- MAZ-537G – a truck tractor with a winch from the ATS-59 tractor for towing a semi-trailer with a total weight of up to 68 tons.
- MAZ-537D – a truck tractor for towing a semi-trailer with a total weight of up to 65 tons, a saddle load of 27 tons.
- MAZ-537E – a truck tractor for towing an active semi-trailer with a total weight of up to 68 tons.
- MAZ-537K – a chassis for mounting a 9T35 crane installation, it is distinguished by springs in the rear suspension instead of a rigid balancer on tractors.
- MAZ-537L – Special ballast tractor with YaMZ-240NM-1B engine (500 hp) and standard metal ballast (16 tons). The car is designed for towing aircraft weighing up to 200 tons at airfields.
- MAZ-537P – a tractor with a platform with arches and an awning for towing a trailer with a total weight of up to 75 tons.
- MAZ-537R – a timber tractor (pipe carrier) with an installed power take-off gearbox.
- MAZ-537T is a tractor for operation in conditions of high temperature and air humidity. One copy was made by order of KB “Motor”.